In addition to the numerous organizations on campus with which students can get involved, there are a variety of off-campus opportunities as well.
Hospitals and Clinics
Beyond test scores, professional schools also want students who have experienced the day-to-day realities of healthcare and evidence of their passion for working with people. Below are resources to help guide you toward volunteer opportunities in hospitals and clinics.
- Athens-Clarke County Guide
- Athens Regional Medical Center Student Volunteers
- Athens Regional Medical Center Volunteer FAQs
- St. Mary's Health Care System
- Mercy Health Center
- Athens Nurses Clinic
- Free Clinics in U.S.
- Georgia Dental Association Charity Clinics
- Georgia Free Clinic Network
- National Area Health Education Center Organization
Below are some resources to connect you with medically related community service opportunities.