Timing in the Application Process
Applying early to a school that receives thousands of applications each year from the entire nation is of utmost importance to minimize the chances of available interview slots being depleted. Completion and submission of all materials in June enhances the chance of admission for each student. By agreement between dental schools, no school may issue an acceptance before December 1st of each year. Many schools begin interviews in the summer (typically August for the Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University) and have selected their class or filled most of the seats by December 1st, accepting any remaining seats on a rolling basis thereafter.
2019 ADEA AADSAS Application Schedule:
Mark Your Calendar! The 2019 American Dental Education Association Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS) “soft opens” on May 15, 2018, three weeks earlier than last year! For applicants, this added preparatory time can be put to good use, resulting in higher quality applications ready for submission on June 5. No more pressure to submit same-day!
Starting May 15, 2018:
- Applicants and reapplicants can get an early start in preparing the 2019 ADEA AADSAS application. Start your application in mid-May, then submit early—June 5, 2018 is the first date to submit an ADEA AADSAS application.
- Applicants can print the Transcript Matching Form and send it to their registrar’s office.
- Applicants can request recommendation letters.
- ADEA AADSAS will accept Dental Admission Test (DAT) scores from the American Dental Association.
- Applicants applying to the ADEA Fee Assistance Program (FAP) can mail the required documents to ADEA AADSAS.
Starting June 5, 2018:
- Applicants and reapplicants, prepare ahead and submit early – June 5, 2018 is the first date to submit an ADEA AADSAS application.
- If all official transcripts are received, ADEA AADSAS will start the verification process.
- Applicants that applied to the ADEA Fee Assistance Program (FAP) and submitted all required documents will begin to see decision statuses.
Take Advantage of Advance Preparation Time! Submission dates begin June 5, 2018 and conclude February 1, 2019. This is the window that the ADSAAS application will be available. However the application deadline for DCG will be Sept 30, 2018.
Below is a suggested timeline for application to begin Dental School 2019.
|Prior to Fall 2017||
|December 1, 2018||
|After Dec. 1, 2018||