PA programs MAY require the following pre-requisite coursework. This is NOT an exhaustive list, as requirements vary by program. Remember that it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure completion of all pre-requisites.
Our office recommends you make a short-list of programs you hope to apply to in an Excel sheet and include deadlines, course requirements, health care experience requirements, etc.
Course requirements for PA programs typically include:
- Anatomy and Physiology (CBIO 2200/L and CBIO 2210/L)
- Chemistry (CHEM 1211/L and 1212/L with lab)
- Organic Chemistry (CHEM 2211/L)
- Biology (BIOL 1107/L and 1108/L)
- Statistics (STAT 2000 or BIOS 2010 or BIOS 3000)
- Microbiology (MIBO 2500/L, MIBO 3000/L, or MIBO 3500 and MIBO 3510L)
- General Psychology (PSYC 1101)
Additional courses that are often recommended or required: