For Health Profession Representatives and Vendors
2020 Health Professions Fair
Thursday, March 5, 2020
11AM-3PM (Eastern Time)
***Check-in for representatives begins at 10AM
Tate Student Center, Grand Hall 5th Floor
45 Baxter Street Athens, GA 30606
- If spending the night in Athens, the closest hotel located on campus in the University of Georgia Conference Center and Hotel. For a listing of other local hotels (downtown area - closest to UGA campus), click here.
- For closest parking to the Miller Learning Center (MLC), plan to park in the Tate Deck on S. Lumpkin Street. If parking in the Tate Deck is full, the next closest parking deck in North Deck on S. Jackson Street.
- You will be given a parking pass (valid at any of the visitor pay decks) at the check-in table at the entrance of the Grand Hall on the 5th floor.
Lunch Order Information
- The Pre-Health Advising Office will provide lunch from caterer (to be announced) for registered representatives and test prep vendors who have paid the registration fee. There is a 2 guest limit for lunch per school or test prep vendor.
Mailing Address for Health Fair Packages:
University of Georgia
Pre-Health Advising Office
C/o Health Professions Fair
101 Sandford Drive
Room 130 Memorial Hall
Athens, Georgia 30602-3100
Cancellation Policy (No Refunds Provided)
If your representative can no longer attend the Health Professions Fair, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 14, 2020 to allow the opportunity to finalize our arrangements for this event, as we are maintaining a waiting/cancellation list for schools seeking to attend the fair. Due to the administrative costs for this event, refunds will not be issued.
Directions to UGA Campus
From Atlanta, Georgia
Take I-85 North from Atlanta. From I-85 North, take Exit #106, the GA 316 East/University Parkway exit. Travel on GA 316 for approximately 40 miles. Approaching Athens on GA 316, (GA 316 becomes Epps Bridge Pkwy) continue until you reach the Atlanta Highway; keep to the right going east on the Atlanta Highway (U.S. 78). This becomes West Broad Street as you approach downtown Athens. Turn right onto South Lumpkin Street. Follow Lumpkin Street until you come to the 4th traffic light and turn left into the Tate Parking Deck. The Tate Student Center is on your left.
From Atlanta Airport
From Atlanta Airport, take the Riverdale Road route out of the Airport. Turn Left onto Riverdale Road and proceed to I-285 North/East towards Augusta/Greenville. Travel I-285 to I-20 (Exit 46B) East towards Augusta. Travel I-20 to Exit #82, Highway 138 towards Monroe/Athens (left). Stay on Highway 78 to Highway 316. Approaching Athens on GA 316, (GA 316 becomes Epps Bridge Pkwy) continue until you reach the Atlanta Highway; keep to the right going east on the Atlanta Highway (U.S. 78). This becomes West Broad Street as you approach downtown Athens. Turn right onto South Lumpkin St. Continue on Lumpkin Street to the 4th traffic light and turn left into the Tate Parking Deck. The Tate Student Center is on your left. Turn left into the Tate Center parking lot for hourly pay parking.
From Macon, Georgia and Florida
Take I-75 North to Exit # 187, the GA 83 North Forsyth/Monticello exit. Follow GA 83 North through Monticello and Madison. In Madison, take Highway 441 North and follow it into Athens. Stay on U.S. 441 North until you reach the Athens Perimeter/Loop 10. Turn right onto Loop 10. Exit Loop 10 at College Station Road. Turn left onto College Station Road. Proceed until you cross the railroad tracks and turn right onto East Campus Road. Follow East Campus Road until it intersects with Baldwin Street. Turn left onto Baldwin Street and at 2nd traffic light, turn left onto South Lumpkin Street. Continue to Lumpkin Street until you come to the 4th traffic light and turn left into the Tate Parking Deck. The Tate Student Center is on your left.
- Jittery Joe’s Coffee is located on the 2ndfloor of the MLC.
- Starbucks is located on the 3rd floor of Tate near the Bulldog Cafe
- Tate Café: Barberitos (Mexican), Market at Tate (sandwiches), Bulldog Burger
- Bulldog Café: Chick-fil-A Express, Panda Express (Chinese), Niche Pizza Co.
Both the Bulldog Café and Tate Café are located the 3rd Floor of Tate.
Recommended Evening Dining
- Last Resort Grill - 174/184 W. Clayton St. Athens, Georgia (706) 549-0810
- Marker 7 Coastal Grill - 1195 S. Milledge Avenue Athens, Georgia (706) 850-3451, reservations
- The National - 232 W Hancock Ave, Athens, Georgia, (706) 549-3450
- Porterhouse Grill - 459 E Broad St, Athens, Georgia, (706) 369-0990,walk-ins welcome
- The Grill - 171 College Avenue Athens, Georgia, (706) 543-4770
- DePalma's Italian Cafe - 401 E. Broad Street, Downtown Athens, Georgia, (706) 354-6966