Transferring from UGA?
If you are a current UGA student and are interested in nursing, you may consider transferring to another institution with a formal nursing program.
Transferring is a viable option for freshman and sophomore but may not be if you are a junior or senior. Instead, our office encourages you to consider graduating from UGA first and then matriculating into either an accelerated BSN or special Master’s program in nursing.
What Should I Major In?
If you intend to transfer from UGA, your major really does not matter, as long as you successfully complete the courses required for admission into your preferred nursing program. Indeed, it is advisable to take only those courses that would be required to transfer to the nursing program of your choice. That said, most pre-nursing students declare the following majors:
- B.S. Ed. Exercise and Sport Science (College of Education)
- B.S.H.P. Health Promotion (College of Public Health)
- BSFCS Human Development and Family Science (College of Family and Consumer Sciences)
- BS Biology (Franklin College of Arts and Sciences)
- BS Psychology (Franklin College of Arts and Sciences)