Sample Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you expect to be doing 10 (or perhaps 20) years from now?
- Why do you want to be a physician?
- This may be asked as or followed up with: When and how did you first become interested in medicine?
- Do you have any work experience in a medical setting? How did this affect you?
- What do you do for enjoyment?
- This may include such questions as: What do you like to read, or what were the last three books you read? How do you stay physically fit? What are your hobbies, what sports do you enjoy, or what extracurricular activities do you participate in?
- What are your plans if you are not accepted to enter medical school?
- Are you more interested in a clinical practice (patient care) or research? Have you
had any research experience?
- If the answer is yes, you will usually be asked to discuss the research in some detail.
- Why did you apply to this particular medical school? Where else have you applied/been interviewed/been accepted? Which school is your first choice?
- How do you plan to finance your medical education?
- Are there any physicians in your immediate family? Are there any close friends who are physicians or other health care professionals?
- Why did you attend your particular undergraduate institution? Why did you choose your particular major? Do you feel that you obtained an excellent education there? Why or why not?
- I have read your application thoroughly, tell me something about yourself that I do not know.