How to Apply to Optometry School
The application process typically begins 15 to 16 months before matriculation into Optometry School. You will use a centralized Application Service off-campus (OptomCAS) to submit your application.
How GPAs are calculated
OptomCAS will calculate numerous GPAs: summarized by academic year within the undergraduate, post baccalaureate, and graduate; summarized by area of study; and a running total GPA for each academic year for an overall GPA.
- Overall Biology/Life Science
- Freshman Inorganic Chemistry
- Sophomore Organic Chemistry
- Junior Biochemistry
- Senior Physics
- Post Baccalaureate BCP totals
- Graduate Other Sciences
- GPAs by course subject Math