Deciding how you are going to finance your medical education is not an easy task. “In 2012, the median debt and the cost of attending a public medical school was $120,000”. The process can be overwhelming but you must consider all available options.
Many students receive a combination of institutional, federal and private loans to pay for medical school expenses. Scholarships and grants are also a consideration. Some institutions will offer students scholarships and/or grants. The financial aid office at the medical school will be able to assist you.
We recommend you spent some time independently researching available scholarships. We listed a few of the many opportunities below.
- FastWeb scholarships (click on their database link as well)
- HHS Internships, Scholarships, Employment
- AAMC’s AspiringDocs, Paying for Medical School
- AMSA Foundation Scholarships
- Vietnamese American Medical Association Scholarships
- Association of American Indian Physicians Scholarships
- Scholarship Resources for Minority Students